Please View Names of 140 Participating Schools
Could you please consider being a Coordinator, or finding a Coordinator who could collect/create 100+ works of art from students and teachers?
Please see letters of support from Chicago Public Schools, City of Chicago, Chicago City Council and State of Illinois.
1. We are holding the preliminary event for the World’s Largest Display of Environmental Art in Chicago on Sunday, April 21.
The event will be at the Menomonee Club, 1535 N Dayton, one block from the North and Clybourn Red Line.
2. Students and teachers have the opportunity to attempt a very meaningful Guinness World Record .
3. For flexibility, there are three ways to generate artwork:
a. Students and teachers can submit already completed art from their Portfolio.
b. Art can be submitted from Art Shows.
c. Or artwork can be created in one Classroom Session. (Students can polish artwork at home for a week if they wish).
4. We would like an Environmental Theme for Earth Day (most artwork has an environmental theme). All ages and all quality of artwork are accepted.
5. 100 works of art will qualify your school for an Environmental Hall of Fame Award.
6. Artwork will be brought to and from the event (from 9AM – 11 AM or longer)
7. The program is very simple and easy. The collection/creation of art could be accomplished in one week of focused effort.
8. Your school can pledge more than 100 works of art. We will post your school’s name above the general list of schools, giving your school a higher ranking. Your school will also receive more coverage in the Guinness World Record You Tube Video.
9. This may be the one of the most meaningful Earth Day Events in the United States.
10. Please email questions to info@EnvironmentalHallofFame.net or call Allen at 773-407-2109.
The Menomonee Club was chosen for it’s terrific location (just a block from the North and Clyborn Red Line) and wonderful gymnasium. Guinness recommends holding large judging events like this in a gymnasium.
Parking is available but limited, especially since there will be many attendees.
PLEASE RSVP TO LET US KNOW IF YOU NEED PARKING!
Could you please help spread the word to other teachers?
The overall numbers of artwork your contacts bring in will be added to your numbers and put your school on top of our rankings for the Guinness World Record Attempt (Please see Hero of Planet Earth Section).